lunedì 19 luglio 2010

Etsy Promo Love Interview : Relydesign

Today I'm happy to introduce Relydesign alias Elisa Ridolfi! Elisa is an interior designer but she makes also jewelleries with paper, cards and collages. She has many talent as you can see on her Etsy Shop where you can buy her exclusive creations.

-Bio:

I am Elisa, an Italian interior designer with a passion of making handmade things…. Some years ago I started to make jewelry with paper and I realized that I love it! ! I think it is amazing to turn the paper into something different, for example a jewel! I love paper in particular and I also enjoy making cards and collages.

-How did you choose the lovely name for your Etsy Shop?

Hi chose the name Rely because it mixed my name and surname. R is the first letter of my surname and Ely is shorter for Elisa!

-How did you find Etsy? How long have you been selling on Etsy?

I love surfing the net and one day I found it and I was suddenly in love. I opened before an account as a buyer and then last December one as a seller!


- How did you first come to art and creativity? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?

I chose an Art school because I loved painting and drawing and because I am a creative person. I was used to make paper models of houses, pieces of furnishing and the project was at the basis of every work! Then I started to make cards and jewelry for my friends' birthday, because I was bored of the things in the shops! I loved the idea of a unique gift! The idea of a unique piece is still really import, right now, in my Etsy shop.

-What are your main sources of inspiration?

I get inspired by nature, flowers, fruits and also the geometry, the art and the fashion and also flipping through magazine and surfing the net! Sometimes the idea of a new piece arrived while I am doing something completely different...so I am all excited to realize it as soon as I can!

-What is one thing about your creative process that you think most people don't know?

I think that probably it's difficult to understand that all the process is really slow, to cut and then to fold and also protecting the creation with glue and varnish! You must be a patience and precision person! The same is for the pop-up cards, you must be concentrated otherwise, it happened to me, you have to do the same card lots of times!





-How has life affected your art and art affected your life?

The Art school helped me a lot and left me the ability to realize projects. I also worked a lot with paper so probably is thanks to the art school that now I am able, and I love, to do this!

-Do you have a favourite item you have made?

I am really strict with myself and the things that I make so when the creations is done, well done, I am really proud and I love it! In particular I like making jewelry using recycled paper! It's great that the earring made of recycled paper is often a unique piece!

-Your message for all of us?

“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” Mary Lou Cook




Card Baby Birth

Thanks to Relydesign for this beautiful interview! I invite you to visit also Etsy Promo Love group on Facebook ;)

8 commenti:

  1. I love her creations!! Rely is an artist and a sweet girl!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Great interview :D and great Rely ;P Your creations are so colorful and the message about creativity is wonderful :)

    RispondiElimina
  3. Beautiful interview and creations!! Congrats Rely!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Thankssssss Eleonora!!!!
    I am so happy!!!:D and thanks girls for these lovely comments ;D

    RispondiElimina
  5. Che bella spilla rely!!
    è bello conoscerti :)

    RispondiElimina
  6. adoro i lavori di Elisa!!ha un gran talento!!

    RispondiElimina
  7. Rely is a very nice and talented girl!

    RispondiElimina
  8. Grazie a tutte dei commenti e complimenti ;=D

    RispondiElimina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails