sabato 24 luglio 2010

Etsy Promo Love Interview : Alice Couture


Today I'm happy to introduce another member form Etsy Promo Love , the fashion designer Alice Couture! Alice has so many talent and her style is very feminine and romantic at the same time, as you can see in her shop on Etsy .
-Bio:


Hi! My name is Alice and I live in a little country near Venice.I completed my studies by the famous School of Fine Arts of Venice "Liceo Artistico Statale di Venezia" in 2003.
After graduating in Venice I continued my studies in Milan by the Burgo Fashion School "Istituto di moda Burgo".Beautiful MILAN!!!I love create with my hands and I love sewing!

- How did you choose the lovely name for your Etsy Shop?
I choose my name immediately when I made the etsy's registration: it reminds me at the beautiful history of fashion! :D

-How did you find Etsy? How long have you been selling on Etsy?

I found Etsy in a newspaper that I read few years ago: I was so curious!!! My registration on Etsy was on May 2007,but I opened my shop only this year (February 2010).





- How would you describe your style? Have any other artists etc influenced your style?

My style...uhmmm I think it is very various and eclectic! Stylish but also for all day!
I love Antonio Marras,a great italian fashion designer! His clothes are so beautiful and original :D


- How did you first come to art and creativity? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?

I started sewing when I was a little girl...my mother sews and my aunt sews too!
Maybe it was destiny! I have threads instead of veins!!! :D




http://www.etsy.com/listing/40908691/cocktail-pink-dress-with-authentic?ref=v1_other_1


- What are your main sources of inspiration?
Well,a lot of different things! Music,Costume and Fashion History and other cultures,like Japanese one or Indian one.


- Have you had any mentors, or are you self taught?

No,I don't have any mentors...unfortunately! But my mother helped me at any time :D


- What is one thing about your creative process that you think most people don't know?
I think that it's difficult,for who not sewing,to understand the huge work to make a dress or a bag. There are a lot of different materials to use and TIME,TIME and also TIME!!!!!! Usually the people think that to make a custom dress is a simple and fast work:but it isn't so! I spend a lot of days to make only one item and it's very hard to make the buyers always happy.

- Do you have a favorite item you have made?

I love this one
http://www.etsy.com/listing/41446331/draped-cocktail-dress-with-bag-acqua
Because I spended a lot of time to make it!!!!! This is my favourite one!


- Your message for all of us?

Continue to work on your own Etsy shop and not give up!
A lot of sales to everyone!!!

Thanks to Alice Couture for this beautiful interview

2 commenti:

  1. Grazie mille Eleonora!!!!!
    é venuta benissimo :D

    RispondiElimina
  2. Bellissima intervista!!!
    Mi piace molto lo stile elegante e raffinato di alice!
    complimenti!!!

    RispondiElimina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails